Pages

9/25/2010

Baur Wedding

I had the privilege to photograph Laurie and Chris Baur's Wedding on September 25, 2010
with my friend and fellow photographer Alyssa Martinez. When we met Laurie and Chris for the first time they took us here to show us around. We were pleasantly surprised to see that they had chosen a church that our families go to during the summer. This is a beautiful Dana Point church that has a breathtaking ocean view.

*Photo tip: When shooting a wedding make sure you scout out the ceremony and reception locations as much as you can. Sometimes you may plan for photos at one spot but due to weather, lighting, or time constraints you may need to be able to improvise, and fast.


I love church weddings but they can be difficult to photograph because of low light. In addition, each church has different rules for wedding photography but most often they don't allow flash, they don't want you moving too much around the church, and this particular church didn't allow you to go down the middle aisle at all.


I love Laurie's expression in this photo!

Since church photography can be difficult, it really helps to have good equipment. I just love my new canon 50D and my 70-200 2.4 lens is must have. If I had to choose only one lens, that would be it!


This is why I love what I do. I wait anxiously during a ceremony to see tender
moments like this.


Ceremony photos can start to look the same so I had fun making this one stand out!



They rode in style to their reception at the Talega Golf Course in San Clemente. They chose a beautiful site that offered everything they needed and more.



They had no problems giving us lots of kissing shots!!






While taking photos after the ceremony we had this really cool tunnel to use that was at the Talega golf course. I get excited when we have the opportunity to take unique photos. And a tunnel is great for lighting and gives you unique depth in your photos. This is one my favorites!!


When shooting somewhere like this I really like getting all angles.


This photo was taken right after they cut their cake. I really like focusing in on details when ever I can. These are great shots that help to tell their story.


After the reception all of the guests lined up outside to create a grand exit with sparklers. This was beautiful and romantic!


Congratulations Laurie & Chris!
It was truly an honor to have been chosen as your wedding photographer.







No comments:

Post a Comment