Pages

1/03/2011

Moms Can Do It All!

Imagine three brothers, yep; the teasing, the laughing, the love. That's what I had the privilege of enjoying during my photo shoot with the Harris family. I was so excited when Lauren said she was ready for family photos. Since I have three kids of my own I can really relate to the energy that comes with having several kids. Not only the energy that they exude but the energy it takes to manage three kids, a husband, a home and a business. I think that's why I admire Lauren so much. Lauren is a wonderful woman I am lucky to say is my friend. She is local mountain mama who is an awesome dance instructor at the Lake Arrowhead Dance Academy and runs an amazing Pilates Studio (http://www.arrowheadballet.org/pilates/index.html) in town. I know how difficult it can be juggling all of those responsibilities so I get inspired when I meet other hard working moms. I think we belong to this unnamed, often un-talked about emotional, exciting, difficult, mom club that has multi-faceted webs of responsibility. It's definitely a challenge to maintain a balanced life when your pulled in so many directions. So I give props to Lauren for being such an awesome mom, wife, and business owner. Thank you Lauren for being such a great supporter of me and my passion for photography. And thank you Harris family for a great photo shoot!!

*Photo tip: Since most photos taken are because of mom's, you most likely already know this, but just in case... In order to have your photo shoot go smoothly whether you are in the photos or taking them, you must be prepared. Try to plan for everything before it happens: Look up the weather for that day and dress accordingly. Plan the clothes ahead of time and try them on. Bring back-up outfits for really little ones. Make sure the kids are fed before you leave the house and bring snacks and drinks. Maybe a favorite toy would be a good idea too. I'm a big fan of bribery when it comes to getting good photos. So think ahead and bring something they might smile for (hint: candy). And most importantly plan for good family fun. Remember, if you're relaxed most likely the kids will be relaxed too.










1 comment:

  1. Jamie Williams1/03/2011

    I just love the photo of Lauren and Craig looking into each others eyes and the individual photos of they boys are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete