Pages

12/11/2010

Casual & Elegant Kerkvliet Engagement

I was so excited to meet Jamie & Kyle. I had met Kyle briefly a few years ago when he was working at my friend Kathleen's restaurant, Casual Elegance in Lake Arrowhead http://www.casualelegancerestaurant.com/ambience.asp. (If you're ever in our neck of the woods you should check it out!!) He had made such a great impression that I immediately remembered who he was when Kathleen called me and told me he would be contacting me about photographing his wedding. And since he was such a remarkable young man I just knew he must have met someone great. And he did!! Jamie is a doll. Alyssa and I had a really great time on their engagement shoot. After giving them some location suggestions they chose to go to downtown Riverside, one of my favorites spots. There are so many great spots to take photos there and they were so easy to photograph that the day went off without a hitch. Engagement shoots are really important to me because it gives Alyssa and I a chance to really get to know the bride and groom before their big day. So that when it's time for their wedding, the day goes smooth because they will already know what to expect from us and vice versa. So after Jamie and Kyle's engagement shoot, I was super excited about their wedding. They are so easy going and the chemistry is so obvious that they will make a beautiful bride and groom!

*Photo tip: When planning for an engagement shoot I think it's really important to make it as much about the couple as possible. I usually plan the photo shoots with the brides and I always tell them to choose a location that means something to them or that will best showcase their personalities. And dress in what reflects who they are. If they hate dressing up and like to be casual then that's how they should dress. I do recommend nice casual if that's the direction they are going. In addition, I love props! What do they do for fun together? Do they enjoy riding bikes together? If so, bring 'em.  Men: maybe you could surprise your fiance with flowers or a card telling her how much you are looking forward to your wedding day. What about a picnic? It's always possible to go to two locations if the spots are really close to each other so sometimes you can take some silly, fun photos and then end it with some romantics. How ever you want the day to go make it about the couple. If they are doing something that feels comfortable to them then they will have an easier time getting into the photo shoot and have fun while doing it.
























No comments:

Post a Comment